Leakage Technician (Acoustic Logger Maintenance) (6 months contract)
Ovarro is a company with real purpose. Our RTUs and SCADA have underpinned critical infrastructure for over 40 years and our leak detection portfolio is helping to drive towards a global sustainable future. To enable this we need team members who fully live our OneTeam value which is at the heart of everything we do at Ovarro. We are now looking for a Leakage Technician who will be responsible for maintaining Ovarro correlating acoustic loggers installed on water company networks, to ensure high levels of operability. This role will involve every day travel to customer sites so the ability to drive is essential.
This is a genuine opportunity to add real value and impact to the community. Ideas are valued at Ovarro and we appreciate commercially progressive individuals who can drive ideas to fruition individually and as part of the wider team.
You will add impact at Ovarro by;
- Working on-site on water company networks, throughout the UK but principally in the Thames Water region, Monday to Friday.
- Locating acoustic loggers that require maintenance.
- Diagnosing issues with acoustic loggers.
- Making on-site adjustments to the loggers and their installation.
- Removing and reinstalling loggers where required.
- Returning loggers to Ovarro service centre for repair or battery change.
Candidates should possess;
- Experience with working on live water company networks.
- Experience with installing and maintaining correlating acoustic loggers.
- Experience of working safely in the public highway.
- An understanding of water leakage and how it is controlled.
- Knowledge of correlating acoustic loggers, including how they work and how they communicate.
- EUSR Water Hygiene
- NSWQR, Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Full driving licence.
Ovarro recognise the need for a diverse workforce and we are committed to equal opportunities in employment.
Ovarro employees and candidates who apply to work at Ovarro will be treated fairly and valued equally. All job requirements fit the needs of the business and those who work in it, regardless of age, disability, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation, domestic circumstances, social and employment status, HIV status, gender reassignment, political affiliation or trade union membership.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies